Germany at the forefront of the energy transition
- The German government presented its official coalition agreement late last year, which was ambitious across a range of areas. What is it targeting for the utility sector?
- What needs to happen for the government’s targets to be achieved?
- New gas-fired generation is needed - why it is not possible to meet demand solely through renewables?
- What does this mean for prices – in the near-term power & gas prices have been very high?
- Hydrogen has played an important role in the coalition plans – could this be used at some point instead of natural gas?